First-home buyer stamp duty exemption lifted from July 1 2023
What is First home buyer Assistance Scheme?The NSW Government has expanded the First Home Buyer Assistance Scheme (FHBAS). For new and existing home purchases by eligible first home buyers will increase from $650,000 to $800,000, and the concessional rate will increase from $800,000 to $1 million. Current threshold for stamp duty exemptions is being raised from $650,000 to $800,000 Additionally, the residence requirement will change for the following:
- First Home Buyers Assistance scheme
- First Home Owner grant
- Deferral of transfer duty payment for off the plan transactions
- Exemptions for tenants of the Department of Housing and Aboriginal Housing Office
How to apply for First home buyer assistance?You’ll need to download and complete the First Home Buyers Assistance Scheme application form and the Purchaser/Transferee Declaration Form (both available at revenue.nsw.gov.au). Lodge the application forms and supporting documents with your solicitor or conveyancer.
Are you eligible for the First Home buyer Grant?
- You must be 18 or over at the date of the contract.
- At least one of the first home buyers must be an Australian citizen or permanent resident.
- You must be an individual, not a company or trust.
- You and your spouse/partner must never have owned or co-owned residential property in Australia.
- You and your spouse/partner must never have received a first home buyer grant in Australia.
- You or one of the other first home buyers must move into the new home as your principal place of residence within 12 months after buying the property, and live there for a continuous period of at least 6 months. If you’re a member of the Australian Defense Force when buying your first home and you’re on the NSW electoral roll (as is anyone you’re buying the property with), you won’t have to meet these residential requirements.
Australian caravan finance lenders Best Caravan Finance Australia best caravan loan rates best caravan loans australia best home loan brokers in Australia Best Home Loan Brokers in Blacktown Best Mortgage Brokers in Australia caravan finance caravan loans australia Caravan Loans Australia 2023 caravan loans in Australia caravan personal loans Car Loans in Australia Debt Consolidation in Australia Debt Consolidation Loan in Sydney Extra Repayment Extra Repayment calculator Find a mortgage broker in Sydney First Home Buyer Assistance First home loan brokers Home Loan home loan brokers Home Loan Brokers in Sydney home loan brokers Schofields Home Loan Experts Australia Home Loan Experts in Brisbane home loan experts Sydney Home loan Rates in Sydney Home Loans Interest Rates Investment Home Loans Investment Home Loans Broker in Tasmania Local mortgage brokers in Chatswood lowest investor home loan rates in Brisbane mortgage broker faq mortgage broker near me mortgage brokers near me Mortgage Extra Repayments Calculator Online Extra Repayment Calculator Australia Personal loans for a caravan Protect refinancing home loan brokers in sydney securing a home loan Sydney's Mortgage Brokers Sydney finance broker